Monday, April 20, 2009

The Drones

In anticipation of this Friday at the Corner Hotel, here's The Drones at Golden Plains festival this year...



And speaking of Golden Plains, what about a super late recap...

golden5

golden8

The Drones were the standout band for me at the festival this year - their great live show continues to impress me every time I see them. Gareth Liddiard is a gun.

golden6

You Am I were good the night before but the losers down the front (who continued to keep trying to mosh even though it clearly wasn't gonna happen) kind of killed them. People get frustrated with Tim Rogers for being arrogant - but it's clearly an act for the most part. Quite frankly, he can call himself the King of England for all I care - his songs are still awesome.

golden2

Bridezilla and Dan Kelly were my other favourites. Black Mountain were a surprise hit for me, too. Of Montreal should have been awesome, but they were just way to random to actually be engaging.

Here's Holiday from Bridezilla doing her thing:
golden4

And here are the Ukeladies doing their mobile phone duet (clever):
golden3

And Black Mountain:
golden1

And finally, who could forget this fella...
tait1
Not freaky in the slightest...

golden7

No comments:

Post a Comment